Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Giving a little something

I know that at home right now things are a little tight with the economy. However, if anyone ever wants to get some good karma for the year and give a little of anything to the schools that I will be teaching in for the next two years ever little bit counts. If at any point my friends and family, or really anyone reading this blog wants to send me a letter or a small package I encourage you to make a quick trip to the Dollar Tree first. A small book of stickers goes a long way for learners that have never gotten a gold star before. Really anything you send to these children will make their year. None of them have markers or crayons or even colored paper, so if at any point anyone wants to send a few things (or a lot of things) you would brighten a lot of learner's days.

If you do decide to mail anything in a package, put it in a padded envelope and write religious material on it. It is going to be a lot cheaper for you and a lot more likely to make it to me. Also, at the post office tell them that the package isn't worth anything. It gets really expensive coming through customs on my end if you say the package is worth more than $10.

To all my friends and family, I love you and miss you, but I hope you are enjoying my take on my adventures in Africa!!!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone wants to contribute to a package from the US, let me know and I would be happy to handle the shipping. - Julie

    ReplyDelete